Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Friday, January 01, 2010

Ponderings...

Disclaimer:  The following thoughts are those of a human, meaning they are fallible and possibly incomplete.  There is no claim that these ponderings have any sort of authority but if the Ultimate Authority so chooses to use these ponders, then glory be to HIM!  There may be readers of these ponderings that do not agree with them, that is fine, I am not seeking a debate only to ponder, if you can comment without debating, you are welcome to. If you have VERIFIABLE PROOF FROM SCRIPTURE (that is the WORD OF GOD, the BIBLE) that a ponder is incorrect, PLEASE SHARE IT...my ultimate desire is that nothing in me be contrary to God's Word!

Ruts:  Why is it that we get into a rut, pattern, habit (whatever you want to call it) and can't get out?  Why is it that change is so hard to embrace?  I think it is a lack of power!  Yep, that is what I think.  We have disconnected ourselves from the ONLY power source that can free us!  In our own strength we are powerless to do anything but go with the flow around us!  So then I ask, why don't we RE-connect to the power source?  Why do we continue to walk in the rut instead of connect to THE power source that can free us?  If I dare say it...we are AFRAID!  Yep, afraid of what will be required, afraid of the unknown, afraid of giving up the illusion of control in our lives, afraid to be a freak, afraid to not fit in, afraid of what others will think.  AND, with SO many FAKE power sources out there that offer 'proven' and 'acceptable' solutions, why risk what we are afraid of when we can just keep going from fake temporary relief to fake temporary relief!  I mean come on...we don't REALLY want to be FREE...right?  Just give me a little relief, make me feel better for a while, then I'll comfortably sink back into my rut until I need more relief and we'll repeat the same procedure!  Life moves forward and we don't have to face the fears of what the TRUE Power Source will require of us!  Comfort is all that is required...Comfort is true living...after all, aren't we supposed to 'pursue happiness'?  Isn't that our RIGHT!?   Doesn't God WANT us to be HAPPY?

Here is something to ponder:

John 16:33 (Amplified Bible) I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]

Um...that sounds like a promise (or at least a fact)...you WILL have tribulations, trials, distresses, and frustration! But can we avoid such things?  Look at that last part...'I [Jesus] have deprived it [the world] of POWER...'  Now it may seem that I've digressed from ruts but seriously think about this.  We don't tap into the TRUE Power Source for fear of the unknown thinking we can get temporary relief from the fake stuff and be happy and comfortable...BUT God says no matter what...in this world...you aren't going to be totally happy...or comfortable...outside of the ONE who 'deprived [the world] of power to harm you'!  We live in a false illusion, blinded by the FAKE power out there!  We've fallen into a trapped thinking that we can obtain comfort and comfort is living!  When we realize the TRUTH of the situations we face, we then see that we aren't supposed to be comfortable...we are supposed to be FREE!  Happiness is nothing it is JOY we seek!

Let's look at the perfect example of living we've been given:  Was Jesus comfortable when he lived on earth? NO. Was Jesus liked by everyone...or accepted by even his family? NO. Did Jesus have peace and joy?  YES.   Did Jesus have power? YES.  So, if God's own SON didn't live in comfort or pursue earthly happiness, why would we think that it is God's purpose for us?  Life was never meant for us to simply be comfortable but to be FREE.

Here is my bottom line on ruts and habits that control us...We need POWER to be FREE and until we tap into that POWER and receive FREEDOM we will never see the truth of what LIVING is about!

Are you comfortable in your ruts?  Are you too AFRAID?  Remember...the One with the POWER has overcome the world...who's side do you want to be on...the One who overcomes or the one that is overcomed?

1 John 5:5 (NIV) Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

Revelation 2:7 (NIV) He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

Um, I'm thinking being in paradise with God sounds ALOT better than being satisfied with my ruts here on earth...even if God requires tough things of me!  I'd rather stand rightly before HIM, than in my own power now and without HIM later on!  I encourage you...tap in to the POWER of Jesus Christ...Let HIM set you free...all it takes is a surrendered knee!