Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Monday, April 04, 2011

Celebrating Christ Sacrifice & Resurrection

As you can see from the Easter countdown at the top of my blog, I'd really like to bring Easter to life with my kids.  We put so much into Christmas and Christ's arrival here on earth, but what do we do to remember His greatest sacrifice and the whole reason He came?  Seriously?  What would Christmas be without the Cross and Resurrection?

This year, I purchased some Easter Countdown Blocks and when they reach 12 we will be do the Resurrection Eggs each day to help us remember and grab hold of the meaning of Easter.  But I've been looking for some additional things to do.  One year we did the Resurrection Cookies, and I was thinking of doing them again this year, but ideally you only do those on the night BEFORE Easter morning.

So, I've been looking for some other things to do with the kids.  Janna over at Mustard Seeds has some great ideas including He Has Risen Rolls, various Easter Books, and this Cavalry Hill activity.

I'm sure there are many more out there to do, and I haven't gotten the stuff to do the Cavalry Hill yet, but I thought I'd share.

So, what do you do to bring the Resurrection to life with your kids?