Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ethan gets a new bed:

After about 2 decades, we have decided to retire the old crib!  It has served our family well...all of my sister's kids used it and all of my children have used it as well...but it is time.  For whatever reason the crib and Ethan just do not agree...they get into these skirmishes that usually end in Ethan stuck and in very poor situations.  After the last one (one in which his foot was literally purple and by far the worst of situations he's endured) I decided he was NEVER going in that crib again!

With that being determined, the question at hand was WHAT IS ETHAN SLEEPING IN/ON?  I know he is 10 months old and that it wouldn't be UNTHINKABLE to put him in a twin bed...but I am just not ready for that.  So, the next question is what do we want to do...leave him in the pack-n-play for a few months or buy a new crib!  After looking on line a bit, we decided to go ahead with a new crib but we got one of the convertible ones that also goes into a toddler bed...so we can get more use out of it!

Now, the crib won't actually arrive for another week or so, so until then Ethan IS sleeping in the pack-n-play in his room and will continue to do so.  The CRIB has been taken out and Marion took it to 'our' dump.  I will confess, there were some bitter sweet feelings with that action, but the safety of E outweighs any of the sentimental feel good thoughts about the crib!

When Ethan's new bed has arrived and is installed, I'll try to get a picture for you all!