Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Pioneer Bread - A Loaf

Well...our second loaf was a 'bit' more of a success!

Small but Delicious!
It didn't raise quite like what I thought it would, but it wasn't nearly as dense as the first one and it was almost twice as tall!  :0)  Marion said it was delicious and absolutely LOVED it with the stew I made for lunch!  The crust is VERY crunchy and the inside soft so we might be getting there.  I've been toying with the idea of trying the starter in a different recipe to see how it works as the Amish Friendship Bread turned out great!  Here is a picture of the remaining Amish Bread from this morning's batch:

Daddy put a restriction on how much they could have...so we ended up with nearly a whole loaf left today!

Here is what the starter looks like now...it bubbles alot more now that it can be kept warm in the oven...but I can see I will need to invest in some oven lights...the new one has already burnt out!  YIKES!



Thanks for taking this journey with us...I will probably stop posting regularly about the Pioneer Bread as it is all just routine now...feeding...baking...feeding....baking...but if anything exciting happens, I'll let you know!

Cheers!