Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Monday, July 27, 2009

Marion helps with SERVE 09

To be honest, I don't have any pictures of this but I am sure you can see some at the SERVE site...just go to www.heartlandserve.org .

For those that are not familiar with SERVE...it is a program where youth from all over North America go to host sites and do service projects. The youth actually PAY to go to these events. Heartland Serve has been a host site for I think four or five years now. The kids come and stay at the Downs High School and various community organizations and clubs help provide food for them as they serve the community painting, cleaning, and various construction projects.

For three years now, Marion has been what is called a site leader. The host team picks sites that need to be worked on and then site leaders oversee the projects on that site. Marion is a painter...he loves to paint outside things...so they always give him a house to paint. This year was a two story old wood siding house. You'll know it on the SERVE website by the finished project...they painted the house cream and chocolate brown.

I have to say that I am very proud of Marion for supporting and helping out with this. We hope SERVE is around for when our kids get to be of age to participate. The kids have fun (they usually have what is called 'a day away' where they go to the lake or something fun like that half way through) and learn servant evangelism. They also have a speaker, personal devotions, small group discussions, and praise and worship!

Anyway, go check out the website...I know there is a picture of Marion under the Host Team and there are probably pics of his house site being painted!