Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Thursday, November 15, 2012

L.I.G.H.T. November Meeting

The November Homeschool Group activity was making gingerbread houses.  

The first thing the kids did was to make these harvest corn pins:

Waiting for instructions

Having a hard time staying out of the decorations!

Umm...what am i doing?

All Done...Cheese!
 After the buttons were made, they allowed the kids to start digging in to the decorations and building.  Since our kids are some of the youngest, we actually sat at our own table.  I had brought all kinds of things that we don't usually have and the kids enjoyed snacking as they decorated.




The icing I brought took a bit to dry so we had some chalenges, but they still had a lot of fun making the houses:
Abi's flat roofed ranch house with sidewalk and porch.
She also had a garden out back...you can sort of see the orange reflection.
And she put bushes on the far side.
Jonny's house.  He also had a garden of pumpkins and
a snow man with Reese Peanut Butter Trees.
Nathan's house: Snowman out front, and a bridge over a pond.
Unfortunately, I did not get a good picture of his pond, but you can see
the two yellow cookies that made his bridge.
The kids had fun and got to see a few people they know and possibly made a new friend too!


Copyright © 2012 All Rights Reserved MMFarmlife - Melanie Schlatter