Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Doctor's Visits

Well this week has been characterized by visits to the doctor. 
 
On Tuesday I went in to see if we could figure out what is going on with this sore throat that I have had for two months.  It is a bit strange as it comes and goes and is very prevalent after a short night or any lack of sleep.  The doctor didn't see anything that would indicate a virus or infection so he ordered a full chem. workup to check everything from liver & kidney function to my thyroid and blood count.  Most of the results would have come in by Wednesday but one of them took a couple of days and he thought they could get back to me Thursday or Friday...we'll see. 
 
Then on Wednesday after our home preschool time Nathan complained that his tummy hurt and when I questioned him more he showed me his belly button and it was all red and inflamed...At that time it was about the size of a quarter.  I called the dr and they said to come in for a look.  By the time we got there it was not quite the size of a half dollar.  They said it was something called cellulitis...a bacterial skin infection.  So he is on an antibiotic for seven days!  The redness has already started to subside which we are so thankful for. 
 
However, we did NOT have a good night last night and I am pretty tired today...so as you can guess from what I said above...my throat is raw and sore!  It seems to be an unending cycle!