Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Monday, October 13, 2014

Nathan's 9th Birthday Cake

Nathan picked the theme of Monster Trucks for this year. After looking at several trucks, we decided to do Blue Thunder. Here is a coloring page of what he looks like: 


I started out making a simple chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Then I covered the coloring page with wax paper and started filling in the page. The one thing I forgot to do was print the page in mirror image. So the words were backwards and we had to 'erase' them and redo, but I was able to salvage enough. Here is what it looked like before the details:


Then I tried to put in some of the details with a fine tip. When I was all done this is what we have:


I asked Nathan what he thought and his answer was 'It will do!'

Tomorrow I will do the cupcakes he wants to take to school.  I'll update and include themat the bottom here: