Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Another Cute Comment

The other day I was chatting on the phone when Abi and Nathan started fighting...I could tell that Abi was saying something that was frustrating Nathan.  Finally Nathan had had enough and came over to me and said, "Abi is calling me lucky."  I explained that being lucky is a good thing...his response:
 
"I don't want to be lucky."
 
I couldn't help but smile...how often are we called to something good but are so used to the bad things that we don't recognize the good!  That was my little nugget of the day!
 
My 'lucky' little boy has been up to alot lately...he likes to drive his little car around the house or his trike outside.  We had the chickens in the porch for awhile which means the feed and water were in here too...we finally had to put them out in the chicken coop because they were causing my 'lucky' little boy to get into all kinds of trouble. 
 
One day I heard Abi saying "Do it again, Nate...Do it again."  And then I'd hear the chicks rustle up and cheep so I headed out to see what was going on. Nathan was trying his hardest to catch a chick so they could pet it...his grip was a bit too hard for the little things! 
 
Another time he was out looking at the chicks after Daddy had put a ladder in to hold the heat lamp...well as you can imagine...it didn't take Nathan long to climb that ladder all the way to the top!
 
I think the straw that broke the back was when he was out looking at the chicks with his little car...now this little car has a seat with a compartment under it which also has a whole in the bottom!  Well, Nathan decided he wanted to "haul feed" for the chicks and dumped a bunch of their starter feed into the compartment of the car and started to head off with it when Daddy discovered what was going on and put a stop to it...I can just see it now...if Daddy wouldn't have discovered this...we would have had chick starter from one end of the house to the other!
 
The next day...Marion commented on loving the energy of little boys...even when they are being mischievous!