Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Saturday, August 08, 2009

Our Trip to Kansas City

About a month or so ago, we received this nice white linen envelope in the mail. I turned it over and read the return address in a pale blue...what I noticed was Overland Park, Kansas. Immediately, I gasped and turned to my husband who was driving us down our driveway and exclaimed, "Shawn is getting married!"

Now for those of you who do not know Shawn, he is one of Marion's college friends. Marion and Shawn were best friends back then. Shawn is a very talkative, friendly, and interesting guy whom I have only met a handful of times...he was in our wedding!

For the most part, Marion and I wondered if Shawn would EVER find someone to settle down with. He travels alot. So, when I made my exclamation without even opening the envelope, Marion's response was, "No way, not Shawn!" But to prove him wrong, I tore open the envelope and read, "Janet Fettner and Shawn Klingele cordially invite you to...." Well you get the point. I was right! Marion sat in awe as he parked the car and read through the invitation. Shawn WAS getting married!

So, this last weekend, we made our way to Kansas City to witness and celebrate in Shawn's wedding! Marion insisted we take the kids as he wanted to show them off to the handful of college friends he was sure would be at the wedding. It was a bit challenging as the wedding was at one and you know how that is with kids' naps! But they made it through the two hours we were in the church and Marion and I were relieved to see that it wasn't only our kids who had to be taken to the back!

As it goes in most weddings, we didn't get to see much of Shawn or Janet, but Marion was able to visit with four or five other Putnam Hall friends and the kids (especially Abi) had a great time at the dance! Unfortunately, I did not get any pictures of the wedding or the reception as I was a bit busy trying to keep three kids from destroying the tables! But I did manage to get some pictures of the trip home when we went to the captial and zoo...so I'll post them next!

Congratulations Shawn and Janet...we are so very happy for you!