Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Monday, December 17, 2012

Jesus is Calling - He speaks if only we'd listen


Have you ever had a devotional series that just constantly hit head on?

A few years ago, I was introduced to Sarah Young's Jesus Calling Devotionals through Joanne Heim's sister's blog.  As Joanne and her family went through so much, Kristen's blog would often reflect that day's devotional and how it just hit straight on the nail!

I grew an interest in that devotional through watching what happened with them over the course of that year. And then, my own tragedy hit.  And I have been found many times pointed in the direction once again of Sarah Young's reflections.  A few months ago, my sister called me to share one and I stood weeping and amazed at how well it fit.  And then this morning, I opened my e-mail to receive this from my mom:

Come to Me with your gaping emptiness, knowing that in Me you are complete.  As you rest quietly in My Presence, My Light within you grows brighter and brighter.  Facing the emptiness inside you is simply the prelude to being filled with My fullness.  Therefore, rejoice on those days when you drag yourself out of bed, feeling sluggish and inadequate.  Tell yourself that this is a perfect day to depend on Me in childlike trust.  If you persevere in this dependence as you go through the day, you will discover at bedtime that Joy and Peace have become your companions.  You may not realize at what point they joined you on your journey, but you will feel the beneficial effects of their presence.  The perfect end to such a day is a doxology of gratitude.  I am He from whom all blessings flow!

2 Corinthians 4:6;   Matthew 5:3, 6;   Colossians 2:9-10;   Psalm 150:6

I stand stunned!

Emptiness...resting quietly in HIS presence...each sentence was written directly for me!  Even the mention of Joy and Peace is significant as I have been reflecting and reading the book Hinds Feet in High Places - an allegory.  MuchAfraid's companions on her journey from the valley were known to her as Sorrow and Suffering, but in the High Places, their true names were Joy and Peace.  

How awesome is our God - our Father - our Shepherd - that He speak to us in so many ways.   He knows each one of us and if we are willing to listen and accept His truth, He speaks very clearly to our need.




Copyright © 2012 All Rights Reserved MMFarmlife - Melanie Schlatter