Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Applesauce

We just couldn't refuse...I know, I know...but it was so much fun!

This morning we fed Jonathan some applesauce...here is a video of it:


We had decided a long time ago that we wanted to wait to feed him any solids for as long as possible in an attempt to prolong my milk production a bit further...but when he sits there and watches every bite you take and opens his mouth when you get close to him...it just makes you want to give him a bite!

When Grandma Schlatter was watching him the other night she gave him his first sippy of water...ever since then he has really wanted to hold that sippy...especially if he sees you drinking something. The other night he was sitting on my lap while I was drinking some orange juice and every time I would take a drink he'd follow the cup with his eyes and when I got it to my mouth he'd open his too! Marion just couldn't beleive how engaged he was in that.

I am not saying we are going to start feeding him solids regularly but it was fun to give him his first taste of applesauce. We will just have to see...he does seem VERY interested and he doesn't tongue thrust it out so he is very much over that!