Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Stairs and Walking

Yes in deed that is where Jonathan is at. He has really taken to the stairs and Abi and Nate love that they can go upstairs with him and play. It seems so forbidden to them. He has not learned to come down yet but he is very shy of the edge so I am not too worried about him falling down. I've done the same thing with him that I did with the others and that is I let him go up but wait for him to cry at the top indicating he wants to come down, then I meet him at the top and show him how to come down backwards. He is starting to show some understanding of this once we get going. Someone told me it takes about two weeks from the time they learn to go up to learn to go down.

As far as the walking thing, he is walking around everything holding on has he goes. He had gotten into pushing my roller chairs all over the house so that one time I found one in the far dining room corner. I knew that Grandma Marianne had a Playskool Walk & Stride which is a ride on car that stands up for pushing so I asked if we could borrow that. He gets so excited but doesn't know how to turn it so he just goes wherever it leads him and when he runs into something he is just stuck. When he realizes he can't go any further he just sits down and cries.

He also has just started this whole putting my head on the floor and crying pathetically thing when he is in trouble or doesn't get his way. It is actually quite cute though I am sure after a while it will get old. Well, speaking of the little guy he is getting tired and needs a nap so I better go but here are a couple pics...I have a video but that will have to wait till later: