Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Dress Project...and more

I know, I have a ton of things that I SHOULD be doing…but I’m looking for something fun!  Therefore, I looked online and found some dress patterns that would be awesome for Abi!  It is so hard for us to find dresses that we feel are appropriate in style and length that don’t also cost a million children dollars! 

 

Anyway, I found a couple of dresses that say they are ‘make in an hour’ dresses.  I thought…why not try it!  They seem very simple…mostly two seams and a hem...but we will see how they actually turn out.  Now, I am sure some of you are rolling your eyes at the ‘project’ girl…with tons of projects and 18 days away from a baby…but I have to come up with something to do that doesn’t require a lot of energy…sewing seemed to be a good one!  Too much activity and the contractions start, so things like renovating the baby’s room or purging the closets are just not really feasible right now…I need something low impact like sitting at a sewing machine…or at least that is my hope!

 

I’ve also been looking at baby announcement ideas…that would possibly be another low impact project I can take on right now.  I’m thinking of doing a digital creation this time around but haven’t completely committed to that…I have another idea that is similar to the other ones too!  Oh the fun that one can have when they are restricted in activities.  (I haven’t been restricted by the doctor yet…but I’d like to keep it that way by using precautions of my own!)

 

The kids have been doing great helping lately.  The house would not look half as put together as it does if the kids’ weren’t being so helpful.  I am so thankful God gave me a girl first...cuz she is SUCH a big helper, and then Nathan follows suit!  (and of course Jonny wants to do everything the big kids are doing though his helpfulness is limited)  We’ve been getting into a great routine with the dishes and picking up the toys.  I hope we can keep it up after the baby is born, it will be so nice if we can.  Now if I could only get Abi to clean the toilets :0)  (actually, she probably could, but I don’t like the idea of her ‘playing’ in all those chemicals…so I don’t have her do those types of things right now.)

 

Well, I better go check on the cleaning process of the kids…I also have some filing to do before I start getting into the dress project!