Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Making Progress....

Well, I don't have any pictures for you because my camera card is FULL...I never thought I'd get to the point of saying that.  I think it is like a 4 or 8 gig card but my memory is full and I haven't had time to do anything about that...but I hope to get to it soon.

However, we are making some great progress:

The BIGGEST of news is that I FINALLY got all the waist high weeds pulled out of the front flower bed!!!  I was so excited I did a little jig and almost could have done cartwheels (except I didn't want to break my neck and I was sure I'd slip cuz I was a sweaty mess...HA).  Anyway, there is of course still stuff to do out there but at least all the massive weeds are pulled.  I'm trying to convince Marion to get a new lawn mower with a bagger so that we can use the grass as a mulch instead of the wood chips that we have to buy but as of yet we haven't gotten there.  I'm hesitant to get a bunch of mulch this late in the year as I have some bulbs coming this fall and I still want to rework the flower bed spreading out the daffodils and tulips I have, splitting the iris out, and that sort of thing.  Not really excited about having to dig through mulch to do all of that!

On other progress news, we are less than a week away from starting school!  Yes sir, we will be having a kindergartner, 2nd grader, and a 1st year pre-schooler this year!  YIKES!  But I'm excited.  I've got all the totes cleaned out, the paper tubs organized and Abigail's schedule all lined out.  I still need to go through Nathan's things and try to figure out some type of schedule for him but I'm hoping that won't be too hard.  Jonathan will be very informal...mostly just a first introduction to the letters, colors and numbers...nothing overly monumental but something to start him sitting and doing 'school'.

There really is SO much to update you all on.  Since VBS back in June things have just been a landslide around here and I haven't had much time for posting.  Once I get the computer work caught up and the kids into a schedule, I'm hoping to get some posts done.  They'll probably come waves but I'm hoping to get all of June and July caught up without getting behind on August!

Well, speaking of getting caught up...I better get back at the computer work.  Just had to celebrate the HUGE accomplishment in the flower bed up front...really...you have no idea the magnitude of the implications that one task had on my life.  I hope to be able to share that with you all soon.