Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Friday, July 08, 2011

Road Trip!

So, this past Monday Marion says to me "We should go camping in the mountains this weekend."  In my mind, I'm like, 'ya right'.  But then at lunch he says, "So, you think you could be ready to do that?"  I'm like "Seriously?"  He's like "Seriously."

So, I stop everything I'm doing and evaluate...can we do this?  Sure I thought...so here we go! 

The Lord extremely blessed us as I was speaking to Abi's piano teacher about this last minute trip we were taking and she mentioned she has a car top carrier we can use!  PRAISE THE LORD...that will save us so much room!

So, the plan is to go to the Down Celebration Bike Races on Thursday - since the kids have been practicing and waiting for that for EVER...and then we'll head out on Friday to Scottsbluff. We'll visit my dad and extended family for a few days and then head to the Snowy Range Mountains in Wyoming.



All excited and ready to go...
The excitement wore off after a few hours and then it became "When are we going to get there?"  Finally, this is what I saw behind me as I expectantly tell the kids to look out their windows:







Then Abigail realizes what she is seeing out the window:
Yes...Chimney Rock!

2011 - Chimney Rock
Yes indeed, we are getting close to our destination as we spot Chimney Rock and soon we are driving through:



Even Marion is happy about that:

Check out his awesome vacation shirt!
Not too long after we spot Chimney Rock we see the Scottsbluff National Monument and the Sugar Factory:

2011 - Scottsbluff National Monument

The kids always recognize this as the place that Mommy and Daddy met.
Sometimes they get other factories mixed up with this one,
but it is the thought that counts right?
More Pictures of our Spontaneous Vacation to come!

Copyright © 2011 All Rights Reserved MMFarmlife - Melanie Schlatter