Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

33 Week Dr. Appt

Well, we had the follow up appointment for last week's excitement.  The ultrasound and blood work all came back with good reports.  NO dilation and minimal if any effacement.  The baby has moved a bit more and we aren't quite as uncomfortable as last week (at least I don't feel like I am constantly on the baby's head).  My blood pressure was still doing good and overall Dr. Conant felt that we are having real contractions but they are probably par for the course with this third baby!
 
He did say the common standard at Smith Center is to not deliver before 36 weeks (which is around new years)...but after that he'd consider or at least start talking about the possibility of delivering earlier then the 21st date if we are still contracting and having the same symptoms.  Of course he'd prefer to get us to 38 or 39 weeks if possible.  I guess we will just see what all happens between now and then!
 
Overall the baby is doing well, the cervix is holding up and though I am rather uncomfortable all else is well.  We are very thankful for God's hand of provision and sustaining power.  I am trying very hard not to complain because I know the gift that God has given is worth much more then the trial or discomfort in bring the gift into this world! (though I wouldn't mind a prayer or two if you think about it :-)