Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mommy Got a Break

Well, I just got back from my trip to see my Mom and Sister.

It was a very good trip to clear my head and refocus on what is important in life. Somehow I had gotten sidetracked in my way of looking at things and getting away really seemed to help me appreciate what is important in life - my relationship with God and my family.

Recently in our community, a 34 year old mother of three young children died suddenly from a blood clot...her youngest was only months old. This really shook Marion and we talked about the situation many times. He posed a question to me as to what I would do if suddenly he or the kids were gone. I thought about it alot on this trip (especially being away from them).

I realized more than I have ever before that I am living my dream. I have said for years that all I ever wanted to be in life was a wife and mother. But somehow I had lost sight of that truth. Maybe life is harder than I thought, or maybe my focus was in the wrong place. Whatever was the issue, this trip really helped me see that THIS IS MY DREAM!

I have a wonderful, faithful, God-fearing husband - who is not perfect, but probably as close as I could ever get to having one that was! I have three beautiful children - each unique with their talents, blessings, and future potential. Each day they grow, offers me a new opportunity to guide them closer to God - what more purpose could one person ask for?

Yes, it is alot of work. Yes, there will be trials and temptations. Yes, life is not perfect now. Yes, I will get tired and need a break. BUT...God is faithful and He promises never to leave me. I just read in 1 Peter 1 today how the testing of our faith is meant to bring either honor or disgrace to each of us when Christ returns...wow...I sure want my testing to bring honor...What about you?