Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines 2009

Marion and I were talking and we think that it has been about six years since we went out on Valentines day. The last time we can remember was our first Valentine's together...don't get me wrong, we have celebrated, but neither of us can remember going out!

Well, this year, he took me to the Chocolate Lovers Affair in Downs. They had local singers and then a wonderful chocolate buffet to enjoy while the singers continued to entertain. It was an enjoyable evening.

Though that would be memorable enough, we will probably always remember this Valentine's day more so because Marion wanted to take me out for dinner ahead of time and arranged for the kids to go to Grandma's in plenty of time for us to get to Glen Elder to a really good barbecue place called Long Riders. The only problem...Long Riders closed and Marion didn't know it. However, he didn't plan enough time to drive all the way to Glen Elder and back and then to some place else that had a nice restaurant...so what did we do? We ate at the convenient sports store that has Hot Stuff Pizza! Marion was decked out in a suit and tie and I had on a dress.

He was pretty embarrassed and couldn't believe that the first time he takes me out on Valentine's day in six years we eat at the convenient store.