Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Fish and Beans...Who Knew?

Oh my....I have found a new love.

I revamped this Mexican Fish and Chips recipe I found and oh my goodness was it delish! The Farmer said it was an $80 meal at least!!! (and for any of you who don't know, that is a big complement...he often rates my meals by how much he'd have to pay for them if he went out to eat...of course the higher the better but I've rarely gotten an $80 price tag!)

I wish I would have taken a picture of it to show you, but as usual blogging about the meal was an after thought. I never seem to know ahead of time that what I am doing will be blog worthy needing pictures. So, I will just have to wait until I make it again to get a picture and then come back and update.

So what is this recipe?

Take an onion, slice it and start simmering in olive oil on medium heat. Add fish fillets (I used cod this time - still frozen). Sprinkle with garlic and fresh chopped cilantro (thanks mom...I found a use for the fresh stuff). Let that cook just a bit and then add in some frozen mixed veggies (I used an Italian blend this time but I'm sure any blend would be fine) and cover. Let that all cook until thawed and fish is slightly flakey. Then turn fish over until completely cooked.

Meanwhile, open a can of pinto beans and drain and rinse, dump plain beans into food processor. Add in a couple tablespoons of melted butter and blend until smooth. Transfer to microwave safe dish and cook for 1-2 minutes.

When everything is cooked, put a 1/2 cup portion of beans topped with a fish filet (we used 1/2 a filet for the kids and a full filet for the Farmer and myself). Then put sour cream, guacamole, and salsa on top. Add the veggies to the side and top with salsa if you'd like. The real flavor kicker is the fish and beans but the whole meal was amazing in my book!