Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Such a Little "Mother"

I can’t believe how much Abigail is growing up.  She has really started getting into playing pretend.  She’ll get her baby doll and take her for walks or put her down to sleep or like right now, read to her!  It has been a good thing in distraction from those fits that 2 year olds throw…when I see one coming on I just say “Oh, no…I hear your baby crying, you better go get her.”  And she runs off to find her baby and snuggle with her and forgets the fit. How long do you think that will continue to work?!  J

 

And then there is her memory…it amazes me that she can remember so much!  For probably a month after New Year’s Eve when we went to Kareena and Dale’s house she asked every Sunday night after church “We go Kareena’s?” because that is what we did New Year’s Eve.  Oh and the Puppets…she just won’t forget the puppets!!

 

I don’t know…maybe I am just being sentimental right now but there has just been so much lately…she loves to “help” especially with Nathan, dishes, and baking!  The other night she ate a whole corn on the cob by herself!  Just because that’s what “big” people do.  And her COMMUNICATION!  The things she can say…one of her most adorable ones right now is “That’s Tasty”, where does a two year old come up with that!

 

Sorry if this is too much bragging, I just had to share though.  Please don’t think I am bias or anything either…Nate is doing some great things now too but its not the same…Abigail is really emulating “big” people and Nate is still trying to learn that self control thing so they are just in two different stages…Nate is busy learning that we DON’T play in the plant dirt, we DON’T play with the cupboards, we DON’T throw fits when we don’t get our way, we DON’T put everything into the trash can or even the bathtub (though I prefer the bathtub if he is going to sort things out J), and we absolutely DON’T eat paper, crayons, dirt, or foam from the football!  So you see, its just totally different stages! 

 

Well, I better run.  We are headed out to friends for pizza and movies.  Hope you have a great night!