Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Monday, April 30, 2007

Jury Duty Scam - Melanie Verified it - Really!

Hi Everyone, I just got this e-mail from a friend and since I was just called to jury duty this month I figured I’d ready it…well then I decided maybe I should verify if it was accurate and I found a warning on the FBI website just like they said…here is the link… http://www.fbi.gov/pressrel/pressrel05/092805.htm 

This has been verified by the FBI according to the sender.
>
>
>It is spreading fast so be prepared should you get this call.  Most of
>us take those summons for jury duty seriously, but enough people skip
>out on their civic duty, that a new and ominous kind of scam has
>surfaced.  The caller claims to be a jury coordinator. If you protest
>that you never received a summons for jury duty, the scammer asks you
>for your Social Security number and date of birth so he or she can
>verify the information and cancel the arrest warrant.  Give out any of
>this information and bingo, your identity just got stolen.  The scam has
>been reported so far in 11 states, including Oklahoma, Illinois and
>Colorado.  This (scam) is particularly insidious because they use
>intimidation over the phone to try to bully people into giving
>information by pretending they're with the court system.

>The FBI and the federal court system have issued nationwide alerts on
>their web sites, warning consumers about the fraud.