Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Merry Go Round (In Progress)

For those that haven't heard yet, we are in the process of restoring an old merry-go-round! Marion's uncle, Ernie, found an old delapidated merry go round in his iron pile and asked if we want to try to fix it up...so we are trying!

I wish I would have gotten some pictures of what it looked like when Marion brought the thing home, but I didn't get around to it and Marion ended up taking it apart before I got the camera out there. So...this is sort of half way through the process...

Anyway, we had to straighten all the pieces, Marion had to weld a few of them, and then we got new bolts and tried to put it all back together again! Here are the pictures after we got it all back together and planted in the ground.

The kids just couldn't wait to ride their new merry-go-round!
We don't have the seats on yet so they just crawled into the handles!




They really had a great time as Daddy pushed them around and around and around!






We still have to paint the bars, cut and paint the boards for the seats, and then do any final adjusting! It appears the seats will need to be leveled...we can't quite figure out why they are tilted so much and what we need to do to fix that, but it works and the kids are already having a great time with it!