Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Farming Update

Well, the guys are trying to get the wheat drilled but we keep getting rain about once a week which gives them only a day or two of dry ground to get the drilling done. I think we only have about three fields left but we are looking at rain again on Saturday!

We are thankful for the moisture, but it would be nice to get the wheat in too.

They started milo harvest this week but once again with the amount of moisture in the air and the cool days they can only cut from about noon to 7 pm. But it at least allows them to be in the field! I don't know for sure, but I think I heard Marion say the milo crop was doing good this year!

We still have corn in the field to be harvested, but I think that is a low priority for most people as the wheat drilling and milo harvest is a higher priority. We did get the few soy beans that were planted harvested so that was good!

Soon it will be time to work the cows again and wein the calves and get ready for the next round of calving! Amazing how fast time goes by! I just hope it doesn't come down to Marion having me and a cow "calving" at the same time...I think it would be a hard choice :-) (I am just teasing here!)

Well, that is about all I can think of regarding the farm. The garden is basically done, the chickens are still doing well and laying LOTS of eggs...if you need any, let us know! HA!