Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Friday, February 08, 2008

Our First Big Day Out!

Well today was our first big day out where I drove and took all three kids some place all by myself...

We had MOPS this morning and even though we had everything covered, I still wanted to go just to see my ladies and be apart of the group...they were great to welcome us and we had a great time even with the numbers down. (that is a whole other thread) Nathan fell asleep on one of the MOPPETS laps and though I tried to rouse him he was out so one of my MOPS moms helped me carry him to the van...and Abigail got frustrated with a song that she didn't know and was crying but after a few minutes with Mommy she did better...otherwise, it was a great day and I think we all enjoyed the outing.

The day didn't stop there though...after MOPS we had a quick bit to eat at the park while I fed Jonathan and gave sandwiches to the kids...then we had a few errands to run around town and finally we headed to Grandma Schlatter's for naps. Then Jonathan and Mommy headed back home for a brief moment to gather our tax information and wait for Daddy to join us and off we were to the tax lady to get that all turned in.

Our day finally came to a close once we got back, got the kids and then had dinner with Ann and Larry (Marion's cousin). We hadn't seen them for a very long time and so they came for dinner and a game or two! Have you ever played WHOONU by Cranium? It is a fun and quick game that lets you get to know those that you are playing with...I didn't do so hot at it but it was fun! And it was great to see them again.

I could really tell by 9:30 p.m. that I am not back to 100% yet...after all it has only been 2 weeks...I wouldn't say I overdid, I am just tired and can tell I did more then my usual days at home! I am really looking forward to having the kids home more this week...it is amazing how they can drive you nuts at times and yet you REALLY MISS them when they aren't around! I don't know what we'll do with Abigail for sure as she asks almost non-stop where we are going next...she has gotten so used to going some place each day that I think she'll have some adjustment to staying home with Mommy! And I am having to relearn how to handle my middle son as it seems he has changed so much in two weeks...I actually think he was changing before that I just was too tired and preoccupied to notice...now I can see that my old ways of talking and dealing with him just don't work...he really needs more structure and guidance in making choices yet the freedom to be his own little self...it will be fun to walk this balancing line with him...not to mention that Daddy told me the other day that he thinks Nathan's big enough to potty train and that Marion feels it would be best to have it done by March! HA! We will see how that goes!

Well, that about covers it for us right now...we will keep you posted as Jonathan develops, we work with Nathan, and Abigail continues to grow!