Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Stump Removal

Okay, so I don't mean the tree out front that just got cut down here...

Jonathan has reached yet another milestone in that his umbilical cord stump came off today!

It was actually quite a remarkable thing to me as three days ago it seemed fully attached and I was thinking "this things is NEVER gonna budge" because it was still as solid around as it was when we came home but then almost overnight half the cord just disappeared...seriously...we woke up and I went to swab it and it was half gone...within two days...completely off! And Marion got to witness its departure...which is unusual as well...we had been talking about it so when I told him it was hanging by a thread and would be off in a day or two (Nathan had a thread hanging one too and it stayed on by the thread for like 5 days) he came in to look at it. Well, as I was gently swabbing the rest of the cord to remove the crusties that had built up, off came the cord..I wasn't even touching it...Jonathan kicked and there it went!

I asked Marion if we were gonna keep this one..he said NO...