Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Monday, September 15, 2008

And the Garden is still going....

Yes...today we did the green beans that have been piling in the fridge...we thought for a while that we weren't going to get green beans this year but now they have set on and we are very blessed...I think I got 19 quarts today. I can't remember all that Marianne got while we were in Scottsbluff but I think it was like 26 pints and some odd quarts...this is our second batch of canning and I think we have a total of 28 quarts over here...so they haven't done too bad.

I also have drawer of tomatoes that needs to be processed and some more cucumbers...but I have done ALOT of pickles already and don't really think we need any more so they might go to the chickens if they go soft before I get to them.

We also were able to get some apples from the youth group and so I started doing applesauce as well...I have 8 1/2 quarts of those done and a box and 1/3 left to do. I am needing some more quart jars though...I don't really want to have to buy them new but I may have to...I know Marianne was looking for quarts as well. It seems with the growing family that pints don't really get us too far in a meal...though I could use them and just open two if needed.