Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Trip to Scottsbluff

Yea!  We had a great trip!
 
Marion and I had not planned on going back to Scottsbluff this fall since we made our trip in the spring this year however, when dad called and said they were having a family gathering and that pretty much everyone was going to be there we reconsidered.  We weren't sure if Marion would be able to go because of the work that needed to be done on the farm but we went ahead and made plans for me and the kids to go.  As we anticipated, it didn't rain and Marion was needed on the farm so last Friday I headed out to Gothenburg where I stayed with my sister that night.  Then on Saturday we made a little stop by Grandma Makey's to visit and have lunch and then off to Scottsbluff.  We stayed in my dad's mobile home and the kids really liked that...they thought is was great fun to have our own "house" at Grandpa's. 
 
On Sunday we made it to church at Monument Bible which is where Marion and I were married.  Abigail got it this time...in the spring we tried to tell her that we were married there and it didn't register.  She did VERY well sitting through church and several of our friends commented on how big she was!  Nathan and Jonathan had a great time in the nursery there.
 
Monday was the picnic day.  The kids had a great time playing with all the cousins.  I tried to put them down right away to get them a good rest in before we ate but that didn't work so well so I let them get up and play.  It was probably 3 or so before Nathan finally gave up and laid down for a nap.  Abigail never did take a nap. 
 
Pretty much all of the family was there except for three of Uncle David's kids, Uncle Dean, and a few of our significant others...It was great to catch up and see everyone.  I was especially glad to be able to spend some more time with my Aunt Muffy...I saw her for the first time in five years earlier this year and then again this weekend.  (And NO...I am not just writing that because you keep checking my blog...I really have enjoyed reconnecting with you!)
 
I'll try to post some of the pictures I got but it won't be for a little while because the next week is pretty crazy for me with MOPS, State Fair in Hutchinson, and our Women's conference on the 13th.  If I get a moment or two I'll try to post some and keep you updated.