Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Monday, September 29, 2008

Our printer died

It was eight years old so I can't say it was a surprise...we have put it to good use! But the other day when Marion was trying to print newsletters it kept making this horrid grinding noise...a few days after that, it did it again and no longer will feed paper through...big bumber!

Fortunately, I don't have much ink left so we won't be out that way...

When we upgraded our computer to Vista we found out that our printer monitor was no longer supported by our OS...at that point I knew we'd be looking into a new printer at some point but couldn't justify a new one when the old one still worked.

I am pretty excited about the new printer because I have wanted a scanner for some time now but between costs and space we just couldn't justify it...well...we decided since we were getting a new printer anyway that we'd go for an all-in-one...so we will now have printer/scanner/copier all in one! I could have gotten one with a fax in it as well but our old faithful brother fax still works just fine so we didn't go that direction...plus we don't use fax that often anyway!

I am just SO excited...the only down part is that it will more then likely arrive while I am gone to my retreat...but how exciting to come home!

We debated for a while between the Espon and the HP but finally decided on the HP...ink was less expensive and the reviews were a bit better...the Epson did have Bluetooth capabilities and CD/DVD printing options but those were just nice toos...not necessities. Plus we can get a Bluetooth adapter for this printer at minimal cost! Another benefit to the HP was that the ink will all be available locally so we won't have to order online or go someplace else to get ink!

I guess that is all I have to report today!

PS...am I doing better at updating?