Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Abi's New Room

After much discussion, we finally decided to put Abi in the guest bedroom on her own. I had to clean it all out and find places for all my sewing and storage. Abi chose to have a pink and purple room so we coordinated it with her bedspread that I made last year. I also found some precious moments wallies to add to the decor. Below are the pics:

This first picture is actually of her sheet set and the walls before the wallies:
















This next picture is also without the wallies, but it was the only window picture that turned out. I made a canopied reading area for her in the recessed window...you can see the heart pillow which she loves!

















Now we get to the wallies...this first one is about a foot shorter than Abi is and she calls it her butterfly friend.


I had purchased some butterflies last year for VBS and planned on using them sometime in Abi's room, so here they are on her wall!




With the accents, I made a frame above her bed. Eventually, I would like to find a scripture that I can make into a sticker and place above her bed.





This is her block wall...she also said she wanted square blocks so we incorporated the precious moments with the blocks so the room wasn't so loud (a request from daddy).





You can also see the bedspread in this picture. It has the precious moments Princess of Hearts theme on it.
The other wall is all closets and is in the tan/beige color of the room. I didn't do anything different to this wall, so I didn't take any pictures of it. We have a few pieces of furniture like a chest of drawers, a vanity, and night stand that will eventually be moved in...I haven't decided yet what color they will be. Right now they are teal and actually look pretty good in the room. We may leave them to add another dimension, or we may paint them to match the room, we will see!