Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Salt Anyone? - Oh my little boy...

I was working around the kitchen this morning and Jonathan was at my feet as usual.  I got something from the corner lazy susan, shut the door and went about my business.  A few moments later, I look down to see Jonathan with a large chunk (we're talking a square four inches by four inches here) of something white in his mouth as he was sucking on it!  As I could not image WHAT he had found, I rushed over to him...he stood there with a strained expression but kept sucking the large white substance! 
 
I quickly took it away and began examining it.  It turns out that he had found a Tupperware contain of extra canning salt that I had on the lazy susan, opened the lid and proceeded to suck on the salt!  Needless to say, he drank two glasses of water in no time flat!  I am still watching him for side effects from his salt induced overdose!
 
And did I tell you about his crayon incident!  No!  Well let me now...
 
A few days ago, I noticed he was being awfully quiet as we checked cows with Daddy in the pickup.  Watching him a bit closer, I determined he had something in his mouth.  I did a careful sweep and came out with six small, tooth indented pieces of yellow crayon.  There was no paper, and no evidence of the rest of the crayon.  When we got home, I did a search of the house and found no portion of yellow crayon anywhere!  Therefore, I had to deduce that he ate all but six small pieces of a yellow crayon, including the paper!  For TWO DAYS, he pooped pieces of yellow crayon!  TWO DAYS!  (Just yesterday, I found half a yellow crayon under the dining room table.  I am hoping that means he only ate half the crayon - paper and all.)
 
I have been extra diligent in putting away anything he could ingest like soaps in the bathtub and locking the kitchen sinks!  The boy is crazy about eating anything! (or maybe just curious)  Either way, we have GOT to be more careful around him.