Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Chicks 2009

The new chicks for this year are in. We went with the traditional Buff Orphington and Americauna (the colored egg layers). We got an additional twenty to add to our current 18.

For now they are on the porch in a tub. The children are absolutely in love with watching them. here are a few pictures I took this morning of them. This first one is a bit dark because I was trying to sneak out the door and caught the door instead of the kids in the flash! The two older ones begged to go see the chicks, and once in the porch, they pulled up their little chairs and got comfy!


They saw the flash and turned to say "Chicks!"


Here, all three were out watching while Daddy worked in the porch:





Jonny kept trying to reach in and grab one...Abi tried several times too, but they kept scaring her when they moved away!