Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

The Tubes are OUT!

Thanks to all who were praying!

Yesterday Nathan boldly declared to multiple people that he was going to kick or hit the doctor! That didn't give me much hope for how the procedure would go today!

However, this morning, while we were putting his drops in his ears, I talked to him about what was going to happen. He agreed NOT to kick or hit the doctor and we practiced playing freeze to get him to hold still! I didn't know how it would all work, but I did tell him that the doctor would have some pinchers that would grab his tube and pull it out...I wanted him to have the concept that it might pull! That proved to be a HUGE help.

He wasn't so sure of sitting in the chair but when the doctor made it raise up and lay back, I told Nathan he was getting his own amusement ride and he settled down. Then I got into position as the doctor did and said, "Ready, Set, Freeze..." Then I began to count to see how long he could hold still. The first one came out quickly and without Nathan even noticing. But the second one hurt him. He flinched but before he could cry, the doctor had the chair moving to distract him for the ride down!

Then the doctor gave him a race car and a sticker! It was all done and Nathan was a champ!

This visit went 100% better than the last one! Thanks again for all who were praying!