Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Friday, April 03, 2009

Children's Museum in Hastings - with Pictures

Today was a BIG day out! Our MOPS group headed to Hastings, Ne to the Children's Museum housed in the Imperial Mall. It is a GREAT place! I told Marion we will definitely have to go there as a family. We got a group rate because we had over ten people, which made our prices $3 per person with those under 24 months free. I thought that very reasonable. I think adults are typically $5...

Anyway, the kids had a BLAST...we were there for about an hour and a half and there was not a moment of boredom! I think they could have hung out all day! Below are some pictures...I'll try to give an explanation before the picture:

They had a grocery store with TONS of food. Everything you can imagine...in real packaging...mostly empty boxes taped back together. Then there were grocery lists that the kids could pick up and go shopping for. They had two registers which really rang up stuff (not scanning it, but still added the numbers together that you entered. It was really neat. Below Abi is shopping while Noah was running the register and Kristi was returning a cart!
















Then they had a Pizza Shop...the kids could make their own pretend pizzas using wooden velcro pieces. They had a pop machine, pizza oven, aprons, plates, the whole works. Abi had heard about this and this was the first place she looked for...I got a great video of her...I'll see if I can post it or a portion of it later on! Below you see my friend Lori talking to Melissa, while Lori's son Colton sits at the table. (The baby on Lori's lap is not hers...just in case you're wondering...and Melissas little one is standing by the chair.)

















This one is too funny...Jonny just decided to start looking through his legs. He was turned looking at me, but by the time I got the picture taken, he turned and was looking at something else.




















This is Lori's other son Cauy and Jonathan in the construction zone...If you can't tell, Lori and I rode together...though we had 5 cars in our group! I think we had like 21 kids and adults altogether.




















This is Lori's son Colton dressed up as a fireman...they had a whole section with boots, coats, hats, hoses, trucks...you name it...the kids really liked it.




















Here is Abi and Nate dressed up and in one of the firetrucks...















Jonathan in the fire truck....




















Abi in the construction zone...I tried to help her but Jonathan wasn't cooperative and so we left, but then it was too hard for her alone so she stopped.















Abi in the Pizza Shop...serving her pretend family...















Nathan and Jonathan at the train table...Nathan spent probably 90% of his time at this table playing with the trains...the other 10% was in the firestation section.











Like I said, the kids really had a great time and I definitely think we need to go back as a family and make a day's outing of it!