Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Abi's 5th Birthday Cake

Okay, I know I am early but I wanted to make sure I had it done! I know it can last in the fridge and we made plenty of room! Anyway, Abi had specific instructions for what she wanted for her cake this year. She wanted a castle - pink and yellow - flowers, grass, and princesses inside! Fortunately I didn't have to worry about the princesses inside! :0)

I looked around on the internet for quite a while and I was trying to do it at a time when she as NOT around but she snuck in and saw a picture of a Disney cake that she really wanted! I'll show you that cake first:
So you can see I had my work cut out for me. I tried to sway her to other cake ideas, but she just kept coming back to this one...sooooooo this is what we ended up with:

I should have done the door and windows in purple or pink but I wasn't thinking about that at the time...I was just thinking wood door! (By the way...my cake is completely edible where as the Disney one is plastic.) Anyway, here is the back of it:

We are going to add a flag to the top of the cone when it gets closer to her birthday! But for now here is the happy girl with her cake: