Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Kim (my niece) Visits

So on Tuesday we met my sister and her daughter Kim at the Minden exit so that Kim could come visit us for a while. She was able to stay with us through Saturday and then we met up with Rox, Jeff, and Tyler at the Subway in Red Cloud as they were on their way to a wedding!

Anyway, Wednesday was sort of a bum around home day and I think Kim was probably a little bored and maybe a bit annoyed by the kids because they were SO excited to have her here! Thursday though I had to do some things at the church, so we headed down there for a bit then went to see Marion at his Serve site. Since we were so close to the lake, I decided spontaneously to take Kim to see the lake. We were able to find a spot to wade in without breaking any Park laws (always a good thing right?).
The kids had a great time...the first time my kids had been to a lake too. We basically striped Jonny down to his diaper and let him romp...he loved it! Abi collected sea shells and Nathan just drenched himself! After about an hour there, I decided it was time to go get some lunch so we went to a local pizza place. On our way home, we went adventure driving through the 'mountain' roads. (Mountain roads are what my kids call the really rocky hilly roads around here....most people don't realize we have these.)

In the afternoon, the kids wanted to go to the pool, but it was too late to go, so I gave them some buckets of water and water guns and let them go at it...here are some pics:

So then we got to Friday. My sister had mentioned that Kim was still interested in sewing, and I have been needing to make Abi some new bloomers, so I asked Kim if she wanted to help me. Here is the picture of the ones Kim did basically by herself:

Then, we decided to make a pair of bloomer type shorts...making our own pattern for Kim....This is what they turned out to be like: