Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Friday, July 24, 2009

First Picking of the Garden 09

I know it might sound crazy but I was actually excited about our first picking! We have, of course, already dug potatoes, onions, garlic, and beets, but this was our first picking of what I call the summer garden - the plants that keep on giving through the summer...




As you can see, we got two red tomatoes, four bell peppers, six cucumbers for little pickles, and several yellow pear tomatoes. After I picked the peppers, I got to thinking about whether these were supposed to be my yellow or red peppers. I'm gonna have to keep an eye out on those...make sure I don't pick them too soon! Anyway, we've got a start!!