Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Abi's 5th Birthday Party - Water Fun

I didn't really get a chance to take any pictures prior to the bubble blowing time...before this the kids were very busy playing on all the water stuff...you'll see more pictures to come.

I have to tell the story though of the pool...it was supposed to be a big part of the party and it became the biggest problem of the party before the party even began. I had drained the pool all but a little water to hold it in place so that we could move it and assure it was fresh for the party. Thinking the little bit of water left in it would keep it from blowing away, I went to bed! The next morning however, a storm came through and it blew fiercely and rained till noon! When I looked out the front window to check on the pool it wasn't there...thinking it got stuck in the lilacs, I went to the front door and peered out. NO POOL! I began looking around and there - out by the bins - probably 1/8 of a mile away was the pool! No joke! It had to have blown over the lilacs, over the barbed wire fence, around the disk and up the hill! Marion said we'd be lucky if it held water...it did...but holding air was the bigger problem. I spent my entire morning patching holes and trying to get it to hold up...I thought I had it fixed and then found three more holes...finally it was holding air so we put water in it and it held for about an hour before drooping again. We just left the vaccume outside and blew it up once more during the party...by the end of the party the pool was colapsed and the water was gone...but the kids had a great time anyway. What kind of a party would it be without a story like that, right?

So here are some pics - this is of them starting to blow bubbles, I bought a mega bubble packet will all kinds of wands in it:


This is the water balloon fight...we hastily filled over 150 balloons for the kids. Since I spent all my time trying to fix the pool, I was a bit behind on filling the balloons. What was really funny was that we would fill a couple and the kids would come take them from the buckets and break them...we had a terrible time filling the buckets! :0)



Okay...this next one I have got to explain. Nathan was being shy and wouldn't do the waterslide. Finally, Aunt Roxanne convinced him she'd help him slide down the pool. Her intention was to have him sit down and she'd drag him to the end...but he straightened his legs and ran backwards the whole way not allowing her to slide him...it was hilarious! Eventually he did get it and had a great time...but this picture will make us laugh for a long time!


Here is Abi doing her favorite activity...the hopscotch.

Here are the kids standing in line, waiting for their turn at the slide:
Abi also said that her overall favoritest part of the party was having all of her friends over...thanks to everyone who came...we appreciate you helping us celebrate! Below is a pic of the kids all sitting around having supper:

A big THANK YOU to all who came...really...Abi had such a great time...thank you!