Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Birthday Celebration with another Erupting Volcano Cake

Today we had the joint birthday party for Cousin B and Jonny.  The extra things that Aunt K brought really MADE the cakes! Oh to be in a large town with Candy Stores just down the road!  

She found some awesome gummy sharks and gators, some rubber reptiles and palm trees and then she brought the thing that capped it all off...Chocolate ROCKS!  I had forgotten such things even existed, but I'll tell you what...I think I'll be taking a trip down to Salina when my next cake is due!

Anyway, here are the pictures of the finished cake:

Both together on the blue ocean table cloth.

Cousin B's cake with palm trees, gators, and reptiles!

Gummy sharks in the ocean!

Jonny's volcano cake surrounded by lizards and snakes!

The boys blowing out their candles.

Opening presents!
Jonny didn't get his gift from us yet...he'll have to wait until his birthday for that but they did have a couple of gifts that they got to open.

This time around we were able to get the volcano on video.  We had a bit of a problem with it erupting, but we finally got it going.  Here are the two video clips:




I was so glad that the dry ice didn't all disipate before we had the chance to use it.  Though this eruption wasn't as 'awesome' as Nathan's, it made the cake special and the boys had a great time I think!


Copyright © 2012 All Rights Reserved MMFarmlife - Melanie Schlatter