Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Friday, March 09, 2012

Great Weekend - Great Savings

So, on Thursday I headed out to Gothenburg to kidnap my sister!

I had been working with my brother-in-law (BIL) for a few months to find a time when I could come whisk my sister away to spend a few moments just her and I.  We see each other on holidays, and occasionally here and there, but usually there is so much going on that we don't get to just BE together.  So that was the purpose of this two day trip...just spend time with my sister!

So I arrived on Thursday morning around 10:30 am and told her she had 10 minutes to pack an overnight bag...she asked for 15 and I said sure...but I honestly never timed her!  It wasn't long and we were headed to Kearney.

I actually had debated on where to take her.  Her family was going to come pick her up and go to the State Basketball games on Saturday, so I thought about going all the way to Lincoln, but when I couldn't find a place to stay that I thought suitable, I changed my plans to Kearney.  I actually looked at several places, but one thing I wanted to do was get a massage.  Doesn't that sound like fun?

So, I booked us a spa day at the Bang in Kearney....GREAT PLACE!  Highly recommend it for all kinds of spa and salon stuff!  We got massages, manicures, pedicures...the works...and just had a great time visiting and relaxing.

Then we went to the movies...I had researched what they had playing and thought THE VOW would work the best for what we were trying to fit into our schedule and all.  She was ecstatic because she'd been wanting to see it and my BIL hadn't taken her yet...so it was doubly fun!

After the movie, we just hung out at the hotel and talked and talked...we had some GREAT conversation and I really felt like we reconnected.  I could see her face not just hear her voice and that was very meaningful to me.  We stayed up WAY too late for a 4 month pregnant woman...but it still well worth it!  Then we got to sleep in in the morning...though I think we were both up by like 8!

We ate our free breakfast, and hung out some more talking until we had to check out of our hotel.  Then we went and ran some errands and I got to help her pick out her BRAND NEW BED!  The first one since they'd been married...going on 18 years now! That was fun!

Then I got swangled into doing some shopping for myself too.  Anyone who knows me knows I don't like shopping, but it was fun with my sister...our tastes are WAY different that is for sure :0).  But I got some cute new things to help along with baby...the most amazing thing was that when I got home, I  looked at my receipt and I noticed that I spent around $140 BUT I SAVED $130! Now THAT was fun! One item on the ticket was originally $41 and I got it for $8!!!!!!!

By the time we were done with all that, I was pretty WHOOPED!  We managed to make a mad dash to the Bath and Body Shop where my sister blessed me with a new scented body spray that I really like.  Then we went to meet up with my sister's family and we said our good-byes.

It was a GREAT time...and though I was pretty tuckered out...I wouldn't have traded it for anything!

A huge THANK YOU to all who made it happen...from my husband who agreed to let me go...to my Mother-in-law who helped with the kids...to my BIL who allowed me to steal his wife away!  Truly, we can't thank you all enough!

Copyright © 2012 All Rights Reserved MMFarmlife - Melanie Schlatter