Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Monday, January 07, 2013

Jonny's First Day of School

Today was Jonny's first day of Kindergarten!

Yes, I know that technically it is in the middle of the year, but he is so anxious to start school and really there is no reason why he can't.  He will be 5 in a few weeks and our new year starts in May!

To be honest, we started him on some pre-k work books called the ABC Series.  It focuses on introducing things like holding a pencil the right way, sitting still while working, coloring correctly, writing your name and other basics like colors, shapes, letters and numbers (these are just basic introductory not in-depth learning yet).  

Well, he LOVED his first day! Despite his brother trying to sway him against school being enjoyable, he was upset that it was over so quickly!  He has three workbooks each day and they won't take that long, but for now I just want him to work on sitting still, being quiet (not disturbing the other kids) and listening to the teacher!





I was a little nervous to see how it all worked with the three of them together, but they actually did very well. Abi has gotten used to raising her hand when she needs my help and Nathan offered to do some things on his own to give me time to read Jonny's Bible Story to him.  It may take a few days to get the rhythm down, but I think it will all fall in to place quickly!

Now if I could only figure out how to keep Ethan occupied until Jonny finishes school...lol...he was NOT very happy with me taking his play pal away for an hour!


Copyright © 2012 All Rights Reserved MMFarmlife - Melanie Schlatter