Monday, March 01, 2010

Abi's New Dress

Well, I got the dress done for Abi to wear to church on Sunday, but I wasn't pleased with the sleeves nor the hem. I was able to fix the hem Sunday morning before church easily enough but was at a loss as to what to do with the sleeves.

After talking to a few people, I decided to cut the sleeves off and try something different. The result was MUCH better. The dress is a bit big on her, but truly that was the point. I didn't want to make something she'd only wear a few times. I also left me some room to adjust the dress as she grows so hopefully if the Chiffon holds out, she can wear it for some time down the road!

Here is Abi modeling the finished dress for you:


A close up of the finished sleeve...much better then the wrinkled, bunched, thread showing catastrophy that it previously was:

And here is the back...Abi is holding the chiffon out a bit so yu can see the layers...


Overall, it is long and pretty but most importantly Abi loves it...If I get up enough courage, I just might try the other style chiffon dress that is similar to this one with a little different cut. We will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment