Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Abigail's Birthday Cake

Well, this year Abigail requested a princess cake...and not just a flat sheet cake with a princess on it but an actually PRINCESS!  So, using the stand up bear cake pan I have...this is what I came up with!



She looks a bit like Miss Piggie but Abigail loved her so that is all that really counts...right?!


The crown is made by drawing a crown on a piece of paper, then putting wax paper over the top, and taping both to a jar...then I took an icing recipe (I don't remember which one) and piping it several times over the design.  Once it dried, I removed the jar and set it delicately on top of her head!

The curls for the hair was made with a chocolate fondant that I wrapped around straws until dry.  Then I took the various curls and pushed them into the frosted hair!


The skirt is again fondant.  This was the first time I've worked with fondant and to be honest....I'm not very good at it...lol!  It was a VERY big mess and I about quit...but in the end, I think we made it all work out!