Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Friday, July 09, 2010

Down's Celebration 2010

One of our yearly traditions is the Down's Celebration. Here are the pictures from this year:

Jonny has to have his monkey to keep him from running away!

Eating Popsicles that were thrown to the kids while watching the floats...

Ethan's first parade!

Sitting with Grandma Makey

A bit wind blown but having a great time!

AvaLee and her car - we used to help drive this car years ago when Abi was just a baby...
now there are too many of us to fit....lol

The crew!

Like Daddy...Like Son...(if only their shirts matched)

Stuffed animals that were thrown to the kids...

Jonny got a stuffed Ernie!

Go for the CANDY!

Quick or someone else is gonna get it...

Grab as much as you can...

Umm...that is scary...I'll just hide behind Daddy!


YES...that is a DOG in front of that lady RIDING A BiCyCle!

I'm getting SLEEPY!

All Decked Out with Jewelry from the parade...rings...necklaces...you name it...


Jonny wanted a turn with getting candy...but he wouldn't stay close by...so Daddy went with him!


After the Parade...we usually take the kids downtown to the carnival!

Here is Nate waiting for the ride to start...they LOVED this one...and wanted to do it several times!


Here is Jonny...Daddy wasn't sure he'd like it...but he DID!

Here is Abi...


Around we GO!
Next year I HAVE to take a picture of the ONE thing that is MANDATORY at the Down's Celebration...the Football Team Lemonade!  That and the Lion's Club Hamburgers and the Homemade IceCream.  (of course...it can't be a celebration without FOOD!)

We also enjoy seeing so many friends and family there.  It seems that we never really get to visit anymore as by the time the kids are done they are DONE...and it is time for us to leave....but it is a great time and we enjoy even the brief waves to friends and family!  I'm sure the day will be here far quicker than I'd like to admit when the kids will run off without us and we'll be left wondering where the days went when we did this as a family...so for now...I'll enjoy whatever time I get...even the brief waves as we haul over tired kids to the van!