Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Saturday, July 24, 2010

A unique swim

Have you ever watched the Walton's? Do you ever recall one of the times when they went to the swimming hole to play in the local pond? Marion has had this nostalgic idea of how fun that would have been in those days. Therefore, when he found a pond in the pasture that was fairly clean after a 4 inch rain, he just couldn't let the opportunity pass. After debating it for a few days, we finally took a family trip out to the pond.

I forgot the camera at home, but fortunately Marion had his cell phone and I could use the camera on it. The pictures aren't the best quality, but at least you get the idea!






Only Marion, Jonny, and Abi got in the pond. Nathan didn't want to try it because he thought he'd drown and I had to stay out with Ethan. Jonny tried it for a little bit but didn't want Daddy to let him go, so after a while, Marion put him on the shore so he could actually swim across the pond! On the far side of the pond was a waterfall that Nathan and Abi played in while Daddy swam. In the end, everyone but Ethan and I were drenched! It was a fun little family excursion on our own little farm in Kansas.