Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Thursday, February 02, 2012

A Good Day...

Don't you just love good days?

Don't you just wish everyday could be a good day?

I know I do. When you feel sick, or there are so many problems you can't count them doesn't make for wanting to repeat those kind of days. But, when you have a good day, you want to repeat them...over and over!

Well, today was a good one - despite the rambunctious boys who wanted to bicker and fight, and besides the 1 year old who is into EVERYTHINg...and I mean that literally! We kinda got a slow start to the day because I couldn't sleep last night....crazy pregnancy my wonderful hubby let me sleep in...I think it was around 7:30 when I finally got up and headed for the kitchen to see what kind of a mess I had.

But, Abi was working at cleaning up breakfast and the boys were already started on chores...yaya..good start! After Abi got the table cleared, I got out the wheat grinder to make flour. Marion has been asking for wheat flour for awhile now, but I never do it in small doses...we usually do at least a 5 gallon bucket at a time so today was the day!

While that was working away and in between school instructions, I started some bread...since we'd have decided to get rid of the bananas in the freezer too by making some banana bread. By about 11:00 I was finishing up the wheat and Marion came in to ask if I could help move him around, so we put everything on pause and helped him. By the time we got home it was past lunch so I tried to quickly put some spaghetti together on the table and finish the breads I had started.

Then I got this crazy idea...since the grinder was out...why not try cornmeal. I had always wanted to try cornmeal...why not I did! And then, I made cornbread out of the cornmeal! We hadn't had cornbread for a long time.

By this time, I was getting tired, so with the last of the breads in the oven, the two younger kids napping, and Abi set for afternoon school, I took a nap (don't worry, Abi shut off the ovens for me when the timer went off...just a tad bit early so that they didn't get overdone).

After my nap, I decided to get the apples from my refrigerator out and get them going in the dehydrator. So with Abis help, we cored them, put them through the processor and into the dehydrator. Then I sat down for a little bit before dinner. We had cornbread for dinner...and rushed out the door for piano lessons.(yes...that was it..just cornbread and honey...we try to eat light in the evenings and the kids had a late lunch mixed with hard boiled eggs for a I don't thinK they'd starve. Besides...that WAS all they wanted! Lol)

The boys were pretty naughty so when we got home...straight to bed for them. Abi was tired so she headed to bed too, and here I am...just crawling into bed myself. What a good day. The only thing that would have made it better would have been to see Marion more. He was so busy today I barely saw him and had a commitment this evening and is still gone for that. But at least I'll know when he gets home...the bed will be a lot warmer! :-)