Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Kitchen Progress - Renovation

Today we started on the new kitchen desk area.  Yesterday Marion was able to go down to Koster's Lumber in Cawker City and get the cabinet top we ordered from them.  It is VERY heavy and so right now it is sitting in the building on a pickup bed.

SO, if I want to get it into the house, I'm going to have to start getting the kitchen ready for installation. That means today was demolition day.

Desk Area before destruction
 
Marion helping with the demo...
Honestly...I forgot to take a few of the pictures along the way...but you can still see the progress made.  Below, I have already started painting, but you can see the cabinet is torn out.  We will have to call the flooring guy to come fix the spot where the cabinet used to be.  We have the tiles, but not the sub-floor nor the adhesive we need to do it ourselves.

First coat of paint going on.

Whole wall photo
For the time being, we are only working with the corner area where the new desk area will be.  I'm not worried about trims, details, or accents at this point.  Our number one goal is to get the desk installed so we can get the computer put back.  Right now the computer and printer are all stacked on the dryer and counter by the door.  I was able to keep it all hooked up so we can use it, but it will be nice to have it back where it is supposed to be.

Below you can see the wall bracket primed and the three legs that will go under the desktop.  I am hoping that tomorrow I can get that brace painted yellow and Marion can get the other brackets he wants so we can get it all installed.  I'll keep you posted.


I'm very excited about it all.  I also want to try to do the pinstripe tomorrow if I can to see if it is even possible.  I think I will try it down at the bottom so that it will be less seen if it doesn't work - easier to hide the mistakes.

Copyright © 2012 All Rights Reserved MMFarmlife - Melanie Schlatter