Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Identity Theft

YEP....we had our first experience with a Physhing scam...someone got ahold of our account information at Amazon.com and used the stored credit card number to purchase a gaming download. Fortunately, it wasn't a large amount. I was told it was probably a test to see if the transaction would be caught and if not, then they would have had a hayday with our account over the weekend.

We are so very thankful that I caught this and was able to still get ahold of our bank to freeze the transaction and close my debit card account. I learned a couple very valuable lessons from this:

1) NEVER save your credit card information in an account...NEVER! Even though it is a convenience offered, if anyone gets into your account they can use your credit card - even if they don't have the full number!

2) It is good to have e-mail notifications from your bank regarding transactions on your account. I was going to have them discontinue this because I thought it was pointless...but this was what caught my attention and saved us from further theft.

3) Change passwords frequently. I know it is a pain...but really it is necessary - especially on financial accounts. They don't know as of yet who did this or how they did it, but my password was a simple word I guess and they figured it out. I was told they have the technology to crack passwords easily these days. NEVER use a common dictionary word, mix in numbers with your passwords and if they will let you...a character or something...%$@ ..some will let you do that now.

Well....this is a long enough post for today...Talk to you later.