Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Our Little Excavator

Nathan LOVES the dirt. Did you know that?

From early on in his life he has had a fascination with dirt...from my plants to the garden...anything dirt is Nathan's domain. Last winter we helped solve his dirt issues by getting him a tub with a locking lid and potty soil. I can't tell you how many hours he spent playing with that tub on the porch! During the summer it is not an issue because he has the whole garden and sand box to play in. He will spend HOURS outside just playing in dirt!

Anyway, the other day he decided it was time to do some excavating. He efficiently moved several 'truck' loads of dirt from the garden to our back step. This is what he and the back step looked like:




Yes, he even had the caution cones out. We have a shovel shift thing that also has a pressing ball that makes the dotted road impression. He had roads, traffic cones, all kinds of things.
As you can see from the picture...the dirt made its way onto the porch as well, and stayed on the back step for several days. It wasn't until we got a good rain that we had to sweep/shovel it off. It got kinda slippery when wet!