Instagram Feed

Since most of my updating is done via Instagram these days I thought I'd add a section that links to my feed. Click on any of the pictures to get an enlarged version. I hope you enjoy the pics:

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Nathan's Battle Wound...

Okay...so I don't have the whole story but what I do know is that Abi and Nate were upstairs and they were playing. They have been fighting alot lately too (the joys of being reunited!). Anyway, Nathan was apparently going to throw a book at Abi's doll or something like that and Abi pushed Nathan to get him to stop. They were both on the bed. Nathan fell!

I was down stairs working on screen presentations for church when Nathan come crying down the stairs. It wasn't a blood curtling cry...just a cry. As he rounds the corner into the kitchen I look up to see...his head literally covered in blood at the top, blood running down the side of his face, all over his shirt and leaving a dripping trail all over the floor!

I grab a towel and start putting pressure on the center of the blood stained hair...telling him to sit down, but he won't...he says, "I have to pee, I have to pee!". So with me still putting pressure on his head, we make our way into the bathroom for him to pee! When that is done, he is much calmer and sits on the chair for me to continue putting pressure on his head trying to get it to stop bleeding. After several minutes, it stops enough that he can hold the towel and I can clean up the blood everywhere.

Here is the thing...I listened to both stories, had each of the kids show me seperately where he fell, and there is NOTHING he could have hit his head on except the wall! I can't figure it out! When I examined the wound...it is about 1/4 inch long and the center is deep. There might be a tiny angle like a square but only slight...definitely not 90 degrees.

Anyway...because it was in his hair line and still bleeding slightly after I got everything cleaned up, I had to figure out how to bandage his head...so this is what we did:


He was very happy about the whole thing. Once he went pee he calmed down and sat very still. I did let him take a nap on the couch but roused him every 30 minutes or so to make sure he'd come too. Crazy boy!